Results - 15th February 2017
15th February saw 15 schools, as St. Mary's Shawbury were unable to participate, compete in for groups with the winners progressing to the semi-finals stage.
Longden topped group 1, pipping an excellent Claverley team on goal difference, while Newtown narrowly edged out Condover and Baschurch Schools to finish top of group 2.
Group 3 winners by a single goal, Pontesbury scored a late goal against runners-up Longnor to earn a semi-final spot and the only maximum pointers on the night, Prees dominated group 4.
In the first semi-final Newtown defeated a gallant Longden team 3-0, while the second semi-final was decided on penalties with Prees pipping Pontesbury by 2 goals to 1.
So the final of the John Hatfield Village Schools Shield at the Greenhous Meadow on Saturday May 6th will be between two old adversaries, Alison's Prees and Anders Newtown. Expect sparks to ensue.
Well done to all the 15 village teams who competed and a welcome back to Worthen Primary School, the team displaying great potential.
Special mentions this week go to the following;
For Prees, defender James Langford who delivered a solid performance, while wingers Will Sadler and Kyle Griffiths both proved a real handful for their opponents.
Bicton's defender Oliver Harrison who performed superbly while striker Sam Aspinall proved a workaholic in midfield.
And to Longnor's all action midfielder Oliver Downes who's performance was outstanding, striker Joe Burke worked tirelessly for the team, while fellow attacker Ben Wills proved a great goal-scoring machine.
4.15pm Claverley v Longden 1-0
4.25pm St. John Baptist v St. Lucia 0-1
4.35pm Claverley v St. John Baptist 0-2
4.45pm Condover v Baschurch 0-0
4.55pm Longden v St. Lucia 2-0
5.05pm Claverley v St. Lucia 2-0
5.15pm Longden v St. John Baptist 1-0
5.25pm Newtown v Baschurch 1-0
4.15pm Condover v Newtown 1-0
4.25pm Baschurch v Trinity 1-0
4.35pm Hadnall v Bicton 1-1
4.45pm Longnor v Worthen 1-0
4.55pm Newtown v Trinity 3-1
5.05pm Condover v Trinity 0-0
5.15pm Longnor v Worthen 3-0
5.25pm Pontesbury v Longnor 2-0
4.15pm Longnor v Pontesbury 1-0
4.25pm Worthen v Pontesbury 0-3
4.35pm Minsterley v Prees 0-2
4.45pm Hadnall v Minsterley 1-1
4.55pm Pontesbury v Worthen 2-0
5.05pm Bicton v Prees 0-3
5.15pm Hadnall v Prees 0-3
5.25pm Bicton v Minsterley 0-0
5.45pm SF1 Winners Grp.1 Longden v Winners Grp.2 Newtown 0-3
5.45pm SF2 Winners Grp.3 Pontesbury v Winners Grp.4 Prees 0-0 (1-2 pen)
Winners to County final at the Greenhous Meadow on May 6th 2017
SHROPSHIRE SCHOOLS & COLLEGES FA FEDERATION CENTRE
SPONSORED BY GREENHOUS
JOHN HATFIELD VILLAGE SCHOOLS SHIELD
SPONSORED BY MARGARET HATFIELD
SHREWSBURY SPORTS VILLAGE
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS:
· All Schools are kindly asked to keep a check on the website at www.sscfa.co.uk as all report times, playing programmes and any cancellations will be announced here in the first instance. This information will also be emailed directly to those schools that have entered the various weekly competitions.
· The programme consists of the preliminary stages of both County and National (ESFA) competitions at 7-Aside. In the ESFA competitions the eventual cup winners go forward to represent Shropshire at Regional level. The County competitions produce the finalists for the end of season Primary School Finals.
· All Schools are responsible for providing First Aid Cover
· Players representing your School must wear shin pads and rubber based footwear only.
· All Schools are asked to report to a SSCFA Official upon arrival at the Shrewsbury Sports Village.
· Duration of matches will be subject to time available.
· Schools are required to provide two suitable match balls(size 4) and must be clearly marked with the school name. A full set of bibs.
· Parental Photography permission of all children in attendance. Kidz in Sport will be overseeing the photography this season at the Federation Centre in association with SSCFA.
· Visitors other than Teachers, Parents and Supporters must contact the Schools Office for permission to attend.
ALL VISITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUPPORT THE MATCHES AND TOURNAMENTS BUT ‘TOUCHLINE RESTRAINT’ IS STRICTLY SOUGHT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER
2010/2011 Longden/ Claverley
Federation Centre 2016/2017 season
7th U10 Girls County Shield Rd 1A
4th U10 Boys Shield Rd 1B
11th U11 Boys Plate Rd 1A
18th U11 Boys Plate Rd 1B/ Girls Small Sch.
25th U10 Boys Shield Rd 2
1st U9 Boys Cup Rd 2
8th U11 Girls Plate Rd 2
15th John Hatfield Village Schools
1st U11 Boys Plate Rd 2
8th U11 Boys Small Schools Rd 1
15th U10 Girls Shield Rd 2 & U11 Boys Small Schools Rd 2
22nd Catch up session
29th Catch up session
5th Catch up session
Primary Schools Finals Day - Saturday 6th May 2017 at the Greenhous Meadow