Resulst - 9th November
Wednesday 9th November saw 9 teams compete for the honor of representing Shropshire Schools & Colleges FA in the English Schools FA's regional finals which will be held in 2017.
In the first semi-final Prees edged out Trinity by the only goal of the game, progressing to the final where they met Newtown Primary School of Wem who had beaten a fine young Longden team by 2 goals to nil.
The final between Prees and Newtown lived up to expectations, with exciting end to end football on the menu. Both teams had chances to win the game but at the final whistle none of the efforts had proved successful.
12 penalties followed but with both keepers on tremendous form, only 3 found the net with Prees going through by 2 penalties to 1.
Medals were presented to both finalists by the head of coaching at Wolverhampton FC, Colin Eaton who also presented the Shield to the captain of Prees School.
We wish them well in the regional finals.
Group 1 Pitch A
4.15pm Claverley v St. Lucias 1-0
4.25pm Claverley v Trinity 0-0
4.35pm St. Lucias v Trinity 0-2
4.50pm Trinity SF1 Winner Grp.1 v Prees Winner Grp.3 0-1
Group 2 Pitch B
4.15pm Newtown v Longden 1-1
4.25pm Newtown v Bicton 1-0
4.35pm Longden v Bicton 2-0
4.50pm Longden SF2 Winners Grp.2 v Newtown Overall Runner-up 0-2
Group 3 Pitch C
4.15pm Prees v Much Wenlock 1-0
4.25pm Prees v Minsterley 1-0
4.35pm Much Wenlock v Minsterley 1-2
Final Pitch A
5.05pm Prees Winners SF1 v Newtown Winner SF2 (2-1 on pen)
Wednesday 2nd November saw the remaining 9 schools compete in round 1b of the U11 ESFA Danone Small Schools Cup in 3 groups, with the group winners and best overall runner-up progressing to next weeks final stage.
Longden, Much Wenlock and Trinity went through as group winners. They will be joined in the final stage by both Bicton and Minsterley teams who were joint overall runners-up.
Only one School this week returned their 'Special mentions' request and therefor 3 meriting special praise were given to Longnor's keeper Ben Canney who made a host of super saves and started most of the attacking forays. Freddie O.C who defended as though his life depended on his performance and midfielder, Oliver Downes who's trickery caused many a problem for the opposition.
Group 1 Pitch A
5.30pm Bicton v Longden 0-3
5.45pm Bicton v Condover 1-0
6.00pm Longden v Condover 0-0
Group 2 Pitch B
5.10pm Longnor v Much Wenlock 0-1
5.20pm St. John Baptist v Worthen NO GAME
5.30pm Longnor v St. John Baptist 0-0
5.40pm Much Wenlock v Whitchurch NO GAME
5.50pm Longnor v Whitchurch NO GAME
6.00pm Much Wenlock v St. John Baptist 0-0
Group 3 Pitch C
5.10pm Minsterley v St. Winefrides 1-0
5.20pm Trinity v Church Preen NO GAME
5.30pm Minsterley v Trinity 0-0
5.40pm St. Winefrides v Church Preen NO GAME
5.50pm Minsterley v Church Preen NO GAME
6.00pm St. Winefrides v Trinity 0-1
Wednesday 19th October saw six teams competed in two groups with the top two teams progressing to round 2 on November 9th.
Claverley topped group one with Prees edging out Crowmoor school for the second qualification spot, while St. Lucias ended as runners-up to group two winners, Newtown School.
Special mentions of players in the competition are as follows:
For Claverley Luke Daly dazzled on the wing, youngest member of the team Matt Bailey defended like a young Steve Green and central midfielder, Henry Dwane covered every blade of the artifical surface.
Bicton's defender James Love displayed great skill and composure, brother Will combined effort and techniques to make him man of the matches, while Javier Dives-Turmo attacked with tremendous skill and pace.
And for Pree's Primary School ace keeper Fred Heath again put in a flawless performance. Harry Barker produced a colossal midfield display on his debut and defender James Langford proved effective and composed.
Group 1 Pitch C
4.15pm Baschurch v Claverley 0-1
4.25pm Crowmoor v Prees 0-0
4.35pm Baschurch v Crowmoor 1-2
4.45pm Claverley v Prees 0-0
4.55pm Baschurch v Prees 0-1
5.05pm Claverley v Crowmoor 1-0
Group 2 Pitch C
5.20pm Castle House v St. Lucias NO GAME
5.30pm Newtown v St. Marys Shawbury NO GAME
5.40pm Castle House v Newtown NO GAME
5.50pm St. Lucias v St. Marys Shawbury NO GAME
6.00pm Castle House v St. Marys Shawbury NO GAME
6.10pm St. Lucias v Newtown 0-4
TOP TWO TEAMS FROM EACH GROUP QUALIFY TO NEXT ROUND ON NOVEMBER 9TH
SHROPSHIRE SCHOOLS & COLLEGES FEDERATION PROGRAMME
SPONSORED BY GREENHOUS
U11 ESFA SMALL SCHOOLS 7-ASIDE CUP FINAL
SHREWSBURY SPORTS VILLAGE
TEAMS ARE ASKED TO REPORT TO THE CENTRE FOR 4PM
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS:
· All Schools are kindly asked to keep a check on the website at www.sscfa.co.uk as all report times, playing programmes and any cancellations will be announced here in the first instance. This information will also be emailed directly to those schools that have entered the various weekly competitions.
· The programme consists of the preliminary stages of both County and National (ESFA) competitions at 7-Aside. In the ESFA competitions the eventual cup winners go forward to represent Shropshire at Regional level. The County competitions produce the finalists for the end of season Primary School Finals.
· All Schools are responsible for providing First Aid Cover
· Players representing your School must wear shin pads and rubber based footwear only.
· All Schools are asked to report to a SSCFA Official upon arrival at the Shrewsbury Sports Village.
· Duration of matches will be subject to time available.
· Schools are required to provide two suitable match balls (size 4) and must be clearly marked with the school name. A full set of bibs.
· Parental Photography permission of all children in attendance. Kidz in Sport will be overseeing the photography this season at the Federation Centre in association with SSCFA.
· Visitors other than Teachers, Parents and Supporters must contact the Schools Office for permission to attend.
ALL VISITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUPPORT THE MATCHES AND TOURNAMENTS BUT ‘TOUCHLINE RESTRAINT’ IS STRICTLY SOUGHT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER
2011/2012 Newtown, Wem
Federation Centre 2016/2017 season
7th U10 Girls County Shield Rd 1A
4th U10 Boys Shield Rd 1B
11th U11 Boys Plate Rd 1A
18th U11 Boys Plate Rd 1B/ Girls Small Sch.
25th U10 Boys Shield Rd 2
1st U9 Boys Cup Rd 2
8th U11 Girls Plate Rd 2
15th John Hatfield Village Schools
1st U11 Boys Plate Rd 2
8th U11 Boys Small Schools Rd 1
15th U10 Girls Shield Rd 2 & U11 Boys Small Schools Rd 2
22nd Catch up session
29th Catch up session
5th Catch up session
Primary Schools Finals Day - Saturday 6th May 2017 at the Greenhous Meadow