* Shrewsbury 6th Form College have withdrawn from League 2. As a result of this all games and results have been removed from the table and fixtures.
Of the 128 scheduled fixtures there were only 12 postponements (mostly due to weather) and all of these were rescheduled and replayed. However, 11 fixtures ( 9%) were defaulted and not played ( 9 of these were in league 2 ). Idsall School retained the league shield narrowly from Adams Grammar and the new entrants Codsall High, whilst Shrewsbury School and Thomas Adams School were relegated. Shrewsbury Sixth Form College took the league 2 title and were promoted with the runners-up New College.
Same format as last season, with two leagues of nine teams each, giving 16 fixtures for each team through the two terms, and a total of 144 matches to be played in all. The two teams finishing at the foot of league 1 will be replaced by the top two teams from league 2. All teams are definitely required to actually play at least 85% of their fixtures ( at least 14 of the 16 matches ) - failure to do so will lead to removal from the league. Concession of matches should be kept to a real minimum - such defaults will now incur a 0-5 penalty loss, unless due to exceptional circumstances which cannot reasonably be anticipated. The leagues will conclude on Thursday 6th.April - no results will be accepted after this date.
The composition of the two leagues has undergone some changes for the coming season:
- Telford College (TCAT) will return to league 1, but with their 1st.team.
- Codsall High School are upgrading their teams, they will now have their 2nd.team in league 1 and their 3rd.team in league 2.
- Thomas Telford will be entering their 4th.team into league 2, whilst Oswestry School are welcomed as new entrants to that league.
- Holy Trinity Academy (HTA) will unfortunately not be re-entering league 2 due to changed timetabling locking out their players on Wednesday afternoons.
- New College will be withdrawing their 2nd. team from league 2.
The league has always relied upon the sporting integrity and professionalism of the teaching staff involved ( together with any hired external managers) to deliver a fair, decent and rewarding competition. Touchline standards of conduct and respect by the team managers should be exemplary, and these standards conveyed as far as possible to the players on the field.
The rules below will only work if they are printed off and displayed/filed with easy access.
SHROPSHIRE U19 LEAGUE COMPETITION RULES June 2016
The rules below will only work if they are printed off and displayed/filed with easy access. In particular, serious attention should be paid to points 2,4 and 5.
The league has always relied upon the sporting integrity and professionalism of the teaching staff involved ( together with any hired external instructors) to deliver a fair, decent and rewarding competition. Touchline standards of conduct and respect by the team managers should be exemplary, and these standards conveyed as far as possible to the players on the field.
1. ORGANISATION: the Shropshire u19 league is run under the auspicies of the Shropshire Schools and Colleges FA. Any unresolved match issues will be referred to their disputes and discipline sub-committee, with the exception of the coming season 2015/16, when all such matters will be solely arbitrated by the league administrator
2. ELIGIBILITY: the league is open to full-time male students, under the age of 19 years on September 1st.2015, in post-16 educational centres in Shropshire, or within easy travel time if out-of-county. Schools may, at their discretion, select year 11 players, but careful consideration should be given to their suitability.
Colleges/schools may only strengthen their league side(s) by deploying no more than TWO regular/automatic players from a higher team together with no more than TWO marginal or squad players from a higher team. Contravention of this league rule, if proven, will lead to a default loss, a match fine, and if repeated, possible removal from the league.
3. MATCH CONDITIONS: league matches are nearly always played on Wednesday afternoons, though by mutual consent other slots in the week can be used. Pitches should be safe for usage, fit for purpose ( including clear lining), and goals, netting and corner flags should be in good condition. Matches will be 45 minutes each way, though this may be reduced to 35/40 minutes each way if weather, light, pitch usage or travel considerations come into play. Matches over the winter months should definitely kick-off by 2.30pm.
Team squads will be to a maximum of 16 players, with substitutions on a rolling or repetitive basis, All teams are advised to use individually numbered (or named) shirts for the whole squad. Artificial playing surfaces are welcome so long as the opposition is made aware of this. As usual, three points for a win, and one for a draw.
4. MATCH ARRANGEMENTS: it is the sole responsibility of the home team to contact the away team manager no later than the Monday before the Wednesday fixture to confirm the venue (and any travel/parking instructions), the playing surface, the kick-off time, the playing colours, the changing room arrangements, and any other relevant matters. All too often in the past it is the away team managers who have had to make the first move - this is no longer acceptable.
When matches are postponed due to weather and other considerations, as much notice as possible should be given to the travelling team. Matches should not be postponed due to a weakened team other than in exceptional circumstances. It is essential that the league organiser is informed by the POSTPONING TEAM MANAGER at the point of postponement ( and not several days later), including a clear reason. It is equally important that the RE-SCHEDULED FIXTURE DATE is also conveyed to the league organiser within a maximum of 7 days from the original fixture date. Matches will be voided if this does not happen. An effort should be made to try to reschedule the fixture within the month and not to end-load the fixture list.
6. MATCH OFFICIALS: preferably all league matches should be taken by a neutral, external qualified referee who is paid to do the job. In reality, many league matches are officiated by non-FA accredited sports staff who in the great majority of cases are both fair and competent. Problems have arisen however when league matches are taken by home students, hired team managers, non-sports staff or even parents, especially if they are not uniformed and not experienced. The lines should be taken by a reasonably competent representative from both teams. All schools/colleges need to consider these points carefully.
7. DISCIPLINE: where a player is dismissed from a league match by a straight red card ( and not by two yellows) that player's team manager should contact the league organiser to discuss what disciplinary measures will be taken by the college/school involved. In this respect it would greatly help if all players had individually numbered shirts. In the case of serious incidents which clearly undermine the league match, and may even bring the league into disrepute, it is essential that a written report is forwarded as soon as possible to the league organiser. Appropriate action will then be taken.
8. If the league rules are blatantly ignored by a team manager,TWO PENALTY POINTS will be deducted on each occasion. Let's not go down this line.
NOTE: an asterisk against a team's points total in the league tables below indicates that penalty points have been deducted.
Pl. W D L F A Po.
Idsall School 1st. 14 13 1 0 48 8 39
Codsall High School 2nd. 15 9 2 4 56 24 29
Thomas Telford School 3rd. 15 10 3 2 47 16 33*
Adams Grammar School 1st. 15 9 1 5 57 28 28
Ludlow College 1st. 13 3 4 6 41 46 13
Telford College 1st. 15 4 2 9 40 60 14
Shrewsbury Sixth Form College 3rd. 13 2 5 6 24 40 11
Shrewsbury College (SCAT) 2nd. 14 3 4 7 38 39 13
New College 1st. 14 0 1 13 16 103 1
Oswestry School 1st 12 12 0 0 45 11 36
Thomas Adams School 1st. 12 7 2 3 37 15 23
William Brookes School 1st. 12 8 1 3 39 31 25
Thomas Telford School 4th. 11 6 1 4 34 24 19
Codsall High School 3rd. 12 5 2 5 32 32 17
Bridgnorth Endowed 1st. 14 1 3 10 22 57 6
Shrewsbury School 2nd. 13 2 4 7 30 32 1
Madeley Academy 1st. 9 0 1 8 15 55 1
LEAGUE 1 LEAGUE 2
|14th.September 2016:||Shrewsbury School v Codsall HS (1-2)|
|Idsall School v Adams Grammar (3-0)||Bridgnorth End. v Oswestry School (0-5)|
|Codsall HS v Thomas Telford (1-3)|
|Madeley Academy v Thomas Telford (3-5)|
|Ludlow College v Idsall School (0-4)||Shrewsbury School v Thomas Telford (1-1)|
|Adams Grammar v Codsall HS (3-6)||Codsall HS v Bridgnorth Endowed (7-2)|
|New College v Telford College (2-6)|
|Thomas Telford v SCAT (7-1)||Madeley Academy v Codsall HS (2-4)|
|Codsall HS v Idsall School (1-2)||Thomas Adams v Shrewsbury School (3-2)|
|Shrewsbury SFC v New College (6-0)|
5th. October 2016:
|SCAT v Ludlow College (2-2)||Thomas Telford v Oswestry School (2-3)|
|New College v Codsall HS (2-7)|
|Idsall School v Telford College (4-2)||Codsall HS v Thomas Adams (1-1)|
|Shrewsbury SFC v Thomas Telford (2-2)|
12th. October 2016:
|Ludlow College v New College (14-0)||Shrewsbury School v William Brookes (1-3)|
|Thomas Telford v Idsall School (1-1)||Oswestry School v Madeley Academy (7-0)|
|Telford College v SCAT (2-2)|
19th. October 2016:
|Codsall HS. v Telford College (4-0)||Thomas Adams v Thomas Telford (3-2)|
|New College* v Thomas Telford (p)*||Madeley Ac. v Bridgnorth End. (3-5)|
|SCAT v Adams Grammar (0-5)||Codsall HS. v Oswestry School (1-4)|
|Shrewsbury SFC v Ludlow College (1-4)|
2nd. November 2016:
|Idsall School v Shrewsbury SFC (7-2)||Codsall HS. v Thomas Telford (2-5)|
|Adams Grammar v New College (10-2)||William Brookes v Bridgnorth End. (7-2)|
|Ludlow College v Codsall HS (1-2)|
9th. November 2016:
|Thomas Telford v Adams Gr. (3-0)||Oswestry School v Thomas Adams (3-1)|
|Codsall HS v SCAT (2-2)|
|Telford College v Shrewsbury SFC (3-3)||William Brookes v Codsall HS (4-1)|
16th. November 2016:
|Ludlow College v Thomas Telford (1-1)||Madeley Ac. v Thomas Adams (0-8)|
|New College v Idsall School (0-3)|
|SCAT v Telford College (4-0)|
|Adams Grammar v Shrewsbury SFC (4-0)|
23rd. November 2016:
|Adams Grammar v Ludlow College (2-2)||Bridgnorth Endowed v Thomas Telford (0-1)|
|Shrewsbury SFC v Codsall HS (1-1)||Thomas Adams v William Brookes (8-1)|
|Thomas Telford v Telford College (6-1)|
|New College v SCAT (2-7)|
30th. November 2016:
|Codsall HS. v New College (9-1)||Bridgnorth Endowed v Codsall HS (1-2)|
|Idsall School v SCAT (5-0)|| Madeley Academy v Shrewsbury School
|Thomas Telford v Shrewsbury SFC (2-0)|
|Telford College v Adams Grammar (1-2)|
7th. December 2016:
|Ludlow College v Adams Grammar (1-4)||Thomas Adams v Bridgnorth Endowed (15.3.17)|
|Telford College v Idsall School (1-6)||William Brookes v Thomas Telford (4-2)|
|SCAT v Thomas Telford (0-4)||Madeley Academy v Oswestry School (0-2)|
14th. December 2016:
|SCAT v Shrewsbury SFC (2-3)|
|* New College v Thomas Telford (pp)|
4th. January 2017:
|reserve fixture date availability||Thomas Telford v William Brookes (2-4)|
11th. January 2017:
|Idsall School v Codsall HS (1-0)||.|
|Shrewsbury SFC v SCAT (pp)||Oswestry School v Bridgnorth Endowed (6-0)|
|Thomas Telford v New College (5-0)||Thomas Adams v Madeley Academy (4-0)|
|Telford College v Ludlow College (2-4)||William Brookes v Shrewsbury School (3-2)|
18th. January 2017:
|Adams Grammar v Telford College (8-3)||Thomas Telford v Codsall HS (6-1)|
|New College v Shrewsbury SFC (3-3)||Oswestry School v William Brookes (4-2)|
25th. January 2017:
|Idsall School v Thomas Telford (1-0)||Thomas Adams v Oswestry School (1-2)|
|Codsall HS v Ludlow College (9-0)||Bridgnorth Endowed v Shrewsbury School (2-7)|
1st. February 2017:
|SCAT v New College (16-0)||Shrewsbury School v Oswestry School (1-3)|
|Telford College v Codsall HS (4-2)||Codsall HS v Madeley Academy (6-1)|
Shrewsbury SFC v Adams Grammar
|William Brookes v Thomas Adams (3-1)|
8th. February 2017:
|Ludlow College v Shrewsbury SFC (2-2)||Bridgnorth Endowed v Madeley Academy (3-3)|
|SCAT v Idsall School (1-3)||Thomas Telford v Thomas Adams (5.4.17)|
| Adams Grammar v Thomas Telford
|Codsall HS v William Brookes (3-1)|
15th. February 2017:
|Codsall HS v Adams Grammar (3-2)|
|Telford College v New College (1.3.17)||Oswestry School v Thomas Telford (pp)|
|William Brookes v Madeley Academy (4-2)|
1st. March 2017:
|Adams Grammar v SCAT (4-1)||Oswestry School v Codsall HS (3-2)|
|Thomas Telford v Ludlow College (7-2)||Shrewsbury School v Thomas Adams (1-1)|
|Shrewsbury SFC v Idsall School (0-4)|
|Telford College v New College (5-4)||Bridgnorth End. v William Brookes (3-3)|
8th. March 2017:
|SCAT v Codsall HS (0-0)||Thomas Telford v Bridgnorth Endowed (5-2)|
|Ludlow College v Telford College (8-10)||Shrewsbury School v Thomas Telford (1-5)|
|Idsall School v New College (4-0)|
15th. March 2017:
|Codsall HS v Shrewsbury SFC (6-1)||Shrewsbury School v Bridgnorth End. (2-2)|
|New College v Adams Grammar (0-8)||Madeley Academy v Thomas Telford (pp)|
|Telford College v Thomas Telford (0-1)||Shrewsbury School v Oswestry School (1-3)|
|Thomas Adams v Bridgnorth Endowed (5-0)|
22nd. March 2017:
|Adams Grammar v Idsall School (29.3.17)||Codsall v Shrewsbury School (3-3)|
|Ludlow College v SCAT (15.3.17)|| Bridgnorth Endowed v Thomas Adams
|Thomas Telford v Codsall HS (2-4)||Madeley Academy v William Brookes|
29th. March 2017:
|Shrewsbury SFC v Telford College||Thomas Adams v Codsall HS|
|New College v Ludlow College||William Brookes v Oswestry School|
5th. April 2017:
|Idsall School v Ludlow College||reserve fixture date availability|
Note: Shrewsbury School will arrange the four missing fixtures - at home to Madeley Academy and Bridgnorth Endowed, and away to Oswestry School and Thomas Telford.
Abraham Darby School: Emlyn Thomas - 01952 356000
Adams Grammar School,Newport: Daniel Biggins - 01952 386300
Bridgnorth Endowed School: Steve Broome - 01746 762103
Codsall High School: Richard Jones - 01902 907560
Holy Trinity Academy ( ex BRJ): Pat O'Neill - 01952 386138
Ellesmere College: Ian Williams - 01691 622321
Idsall School: Chris Jew - 01952 468400
Ludlow College: Jon Britton - 01584 872846
Madeley Academy: Dorion Williams - 01952 527700
New College: Steven Lalley - 07817 021128
Oswestry School: Dominlc Bradburne - 01691 655711
Shrewsbury College (SCAT): Andy Van Ommeren - 01743 342423
Shrewsbury School: Steve Wilderspin - 01743 280698
Shrewsbury 6th Form College: Sarah Ralphs - 01743 235491
Telford College (TCAT): Joe Bates - 01952 642464
Thomas Adams School,Wem: Liam Allen - 01939 237014
Thomas Telford School: Jon Arnold - 01952 200000
North Shropshire College: Scott Ruscoe - 07811 286439
William Brookes School: Mark Wilson - 01952 728900
1996-97 New College
1997-98 Shrewsbury Sixth Form College
1998-99/00 Shrewsbury College (x2)
2000/01/02/03/04 Thomas Telford (x4)
2004-05 Shrewsbury Sixth Form College
2005-06 Walford & North Shropshire College
2006-07/08 Ludlow College (x2)
2008-09/10 Shrewsbury Sixth Form College (x2)
2010-11 Shrewsbury School
2011-12 Walford & North Shropshire College
2012-13/14 Thomas Telford (x2)
2014-15/16 Idsall School, Shifnal (x2)
Monday 27th March
U14's v W.Mids, 7pm KO
(AFC Wulfrunians, WV3 8NA)
Wednesday 29th March
U16's v Staffordshire, 7pm KO
(Shrewsbury Sports Village, SY1 4RQ)
Wednesday 5th April
U15's v Derbyshire, 7pm KO
(Shrewsbury Sports Village, SY1 4RQ)
Wednesday 5th April
U16's v Worcestershire, 7.30pm KO
(Thomas Telford School, TF3 4NW)